Wisconsin Students Out-of-State Study Scholarships
The Wisconsin Architects Foundation
is pleased to offer scholarships of $1000 each to outstanding
Wisconsin students who are pursuing architectural studies out-of-state.
This amount may change based on the availability of funding.
committee will consider the student's GPA, financial need, likelihood
of graduating, leadership abilities, and community involvement. Preference
will be given to students who demonstrate a commitment to the discipline
of architecture and are completing the terminal years of their education
(i.e. upperclassmen). The committee encourages, minority, female, and
disabled students to apply.
The Wisconsin Architects Foundation confers
these grants with an understanding that the recipients will support
the WAF when he/she is financially able to do so. The criteria for eligibility
is defined below:
- The student must have received his/her high school diploma from a
Wisconsin high school.
- The student must be currently attending or planning to attend an NAAB-accredited
school of architecture within a First Professional Degree or Post-graduate
- Any student who has previously received a WAF scholarship is ineligible.
Please provide the following documents for consideration:
- The attached form indicating name and contact information. Download Form
PDF - Fill out, print & sign
- Most current transcript (GPA) and board scores ( SAT, GRE or similar).
- One Letter of Recommendation from a teacher or other who can speak
about your potential.
- Brief essay, no more than 500 words, describing your interests in
the scholarship. The essay is an opportunity for you to describe yourself,
your leadership potential, financial need, community involvement, use
of the scholarship funds or any other information that will enable the
committee to learn more about you.
- Acceptance letter to the NAAB-accredited program.
- Portfolio representing exemplary work, including internship work that
you have undertaken within a professional practice clearly identified.
The portfolio should be no more than 12 pages (24 views), in Adobe pdf
format, and saved to compact disc, labeled with your name. i.e. "Jane
Doe.pdf." Please label the CD with your name as well.
- Demonstration of graduation from a Wisconsin high school (copy of
diploma or equivalent).
Submission of Materials
Please gather the above materials and send in a single envelope to:
Wisconsin Architects Foundation
321 S. Hamilton Street ,
Madison, WI 53703-4000
Deadline for receipt of materials
is May 15. The Scholarship Committee of the Wisconsin
Architects Foundation will notify students by June 30.
Build Wisconsin's Future
Despite its success, your participation and financial support are needed
to continue the important work the WAF does on behalf of the profession.
Opportunities are available throughout the year to make regular contributions
or memorial gifts, and innovative ideas for contributions are gladly
accepted. The WAF is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt entity and gifts are tax
deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Contact AIA Wisconsin
& Wisconsin Architects Foundation for more information.
Help us promote this scholarship. Download (and distribute) the poster.
Learn More about Wisconsin Architects Foundation
We invite you to learn more about the WAF by exploring the links below.
Back to Wisconsin Architects Foundation Main